PTR Baler & Compactor Looks to Expand Their Team at their Philadelphia Headquarters
PTR Baler and Compactor (PTR) is a leader in the production of waste compactors and vertical balers for recyclable products. The company is thriving due to growth, stability, and client retention of some of the most well-known retailers in the U.S. We’re looking to expand our team and have some exciting job openings.
PTR is a family run business. We views our employees as one of our valuable resources and are offering full-time work, and a stellar compensation and benefit package that includes but is not limited to:
• Medical, Vision, Short Term Disability, and Dental Insurance 100% paid by PTR for the Employee
• Company paid Life Insurance
• 2 Pensions
To apply and learn more click here Indeed.com
All PTR Balers and Compactors are made right here in the USA. This position is key to our manufacturing efforts. We have opening for both day shift and night shift.
MIG Weld, tack and fabricate products with blueprints.
Basic mathematical and measurement skills.
Ability to read and understand blueprints/weld symbols.
Prior MIG welding and fitting experience.
Formal MIG weld training and education
High School diploma or GED required.
Must have a minimum of 2 plus years of MIG welding experience.
MIG Welding certification required.
Formal (technical school) welding training or schooling.
Ability to work overtime as needed.
Willing to work 1st or 2nd shift as needed.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
PTR is seeking General Laborers to assist skilled positions in all manufacturing operations throughout our facility, including:
• cleaning tools and equipment
• collection of scrap metal material
• Material handling through the use of carts and cranes
• emptying of used equipment
• Applying safety and informational decals
• Minor facility maintenance.
We are looking to hire painters to take care of painting our balers and compactors. This is an important step in the process. We take care to make sure our balers and compactors look as good as the function.
· Spray large commercial grade equipment (100+ units produced weekly)
· 2 plus years of related experience of spray painting (auto industry painting is a plus)
· Steady, even paint application with sprayer
· Ability to assemble and disassemble tools
· Ability to clean and maintain guns, pumps and equipment
· Troubleshoot and repair spray equipment
· Repair blemishes in steel and paint
· 2 plus years of related experience
· Formal (technical school) paint training and education
· High School diploma or GED preferred
· Ability to work overtime and on 1st or 2nd shift as needed
· Basic mathematical and measurement skills
FORK LIFT MECHANIC
PTR is seeking an experienced Forklift Mechanic to do maintenance and repairs on our forklifts that are used throughout our Philadelphia location, as well as other maintenance tasks as need.
Inspects forklift truck fleet to ensure trucks are working properly and safely.
Identifies any forklift trucks that need repairs.
Removes unsafe equipment from the facility operating area and notifies the supervisor.
Repairs and maintains various types of forklift trucks including electric, diesel-powered, and propane-powered.
Tests forklift trucks to ensure repairs are completed correctly.
Schedules and performs routine maintenance for forklift trucks.
Ensures batteries for electric forklift trucks are properly maintained.
Maintains repair log for forklift truck fleet.
Assist with troubleshooting and repair of buildings and installed systems to include: plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop and HVAC.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Ability to use hand and power tools to repair forklift trucks.
Excellent mechanical repair skills.
Ability to read repair manuals for various types of forklift trucks.
Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Ability to follow instructions
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED.
3 plus years of related experience.
Completion of Forklift Truck Mechanic’s training course required.
Ability to work overtime and be on call.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
Must be physically capable of accessing all parts of the forklift truck needing repairs or maintenance, either by kneeling, reaching, stooping, standing, pulling, pushing or lying on back.
The Forklift Mechanic will work in open warehouse/garage environment. Working with loud noise, hazardous chemicals, and limited space at times.