PTR Is Hiring – Apply Now
PTR Baler and Compactor is a world leader in the waste equipment industry. PTR helps companies achieve their green initiatives by reducing waste streams and increasing recycling efforts. The company manufactures and services balers, compactors and provides parts and resources to customers.
At PTR Baler and Compactor, we consider our workforce to be our most valuable asset. We’re seeking motivated and organized professionals who can uphold our dedication to quality at our Philadelphia facility. PTR Baler and Compactor has been recognized by The City of Philadelphia as an Employer of Choice. Apply today and find out why! Check out our careers page for more details.
We are currently seeking a Controls Engineer, Customer Service Rep and a Quality Control Inspector.
Benefits for all positions:
We strive to provide top notch compensation and benefit programs to allow PTR employees to protect their personal and financial health, prepare for their futures, and create peace of mind.
• Medical • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance
• 401k w/ profit sharing and matching
• Discretionary bonus
• 10 Paid Holiday (eligible immediately)
If you do not need medical insurance, you’ll earn an additional $55 per week!
Currently we are seeking:
• Design and develop equipment controls, and control logic solutions.
• Create electrical and control wiring diagrams.
• Program PLC’s, HMI’s, safety relays and other programmable components.
• Create technical solutions to maximize customer value.
• Ensure compliance with ANSI, NFPA, OSHA and other related electrical and machine control safety standards. Support UL, ETL and other 3rd party listing projects.
• Provide sales support for client proposals and marketing as well as cost estimating for special projects.• Create accurate BOMs for projects.
• Provide service support to Service Department and end user.
• Assume responsibility of electrical and programming aspects for all existing product lines.
• Provide supporting documentation for shop and installation.
• Familiarity with hydraulic systems.
• Provide supporting documentation for operations and service; and assist with creating PTR manuals.
• Ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits and control systems.• Basic knowledge of electrical codes for industrial and commercial equipment.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, Inventor, and general mechanical drawings and design is a must.
• 5+ years of related experience.
• Education- BSEE, BSME, Controls, Software Engineering, Mechatronics or related degree.
• Knowledge of 3D modeling software and familiar with GD&T.
• Must be able to work independently while accepting overall guidance and direction.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to manage time and multi-task.
• Adaptable to new challenges, opportunity and situations.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP
• Work within Sales Department and provide customer service support
• Gather, analyze data and process orders• Set up equipment installations
• Communicate with installers following the completion of service to confirm the highest level of product and service was delivered and the customer’s expectations were exceeded
• Ensure documentation of installation or work performed is obtained
• Answer phones and emails – this is a shared responsibility among the department
• Work with internal and external customer’s
• Provide status updates and information when requested. For example: where does an order stand, send a copy of an invoice, when will a product be installed and or provide purchase order• Experience in working with large volume customers
• Must be able to multi-task: type orders, send emails, and answer phones.
• Strong negotiation skills and ability to deal with people
• Strong computer proficiency with MS Suite: Excel, Outlook, Word (minimum intermediate level)
• Must be a fast learner, detail oriented and highly organized
• Strong and clear communication skills
• Flexible and accommodating with approach• Strong time management skills
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR
Inspect finished capital equipment to ensure ongoing quality products are delivered to PTR customers
Maintain and document quality control inspections
Create and maintain spreadsheets related to quality control
Prior experience in performing QC inspections in a manufacturing environment
Prior experience and knowledge of general OSHA safety standards and ANSI preferred
Ability to read and interpret blueprints and electrical schematics required
Knowledge of metal fabrication and related print specifications
Experience and or knowledge of welding applications, industrial electrical panel, industrial paint processes is preferred
Strong familiarity with GMAW processes and standards as defined by AWS to ensure accurate inspections of multiple welds. [Prior or current certification and/or inspector status preferred]
Strong computer proficiency with MS Suite: Excel, Outlook, Word
Detail Oriented and Organized
High School graduate with post-secondary education such as A.S. or Technical Certification